Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone) - Chris Tomlin (with lyrics)




I wanted to share this song...I'm sure most of you have heard it but it is becoming more and more real to me.

Seems the name of my blog isn't just a name, it's a prayer. I didn't realize that until this very moment.

My heart is being drawn to Jesus and the power of His Word and away from me and the power of my will. The purpose of my will is to except God's Word as absolute truth.
This takes me into trusting, believing and surrendering to who God is instead of trying to become who I think God wants me to be.

Have you ever read something and as you are reading have an almost out loud thought?
Well, I have and this happened as I was reading a comment my brother, Mike, wrote on my last post.

He said, "these scriptures make me think that I am not keeping His Word."

As I read this, I heard...MY WORD IS KEEPING YOU....

Did you hear that? HIS WORD IS KEEPING US!!!!!!

We spend so much time striving to keep God's Word when we could be resting in His Word.

Obedience is so much easier when Jesus is doing the keeping.


John 8:32 "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."


Thank you Jesus for Your Amazing Grace!!!!


Connie

Comments

  1. Connie,
    This is so true. This is great. Praise the Lord!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new look of your blog Connie! I also love the words to this song, but more your admonishment that His word is keeping us. It's a principle I have been rooting more and more in my heart as I have been trying to commit it more to memory. It keeps us, indeed when the world and it's truth tries to come in. Thanks for this principle!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BELIEVING OR HOPING???

NEW MERCIES EVERY MORNING......LAMENTATIONS 3:21-23