"FOR THINE IS THE KINGDOM"

Here are my morning thoughts. I don't always write my thoughts down but I believe we should. Especially when we are praying and seeking God. It is at this time we are most sensitive to the Holy Spirit and His Word.

I was praying and I told God, I wanted to glorify Him with my life. I have prayed this many times before but this morning, I was corrected. I heard, not out loud but within, you cannot glorify Me with your life. And then, I heard.....

"But My life can be glorified in you"....

This was like a flood light to me!!!

All of a sudden, scriptures began coming to mind. Each one with a new light for me.

John 9:3 - Jesus answered, "Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him."

John 11:4 - When Jesus heard that, He said, "This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby."

John 11:40 - Jesus saith unto her, "Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?"

John 10:25 - Jesus answered them, "I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in My Father's name, they bear witness of Me."

John 10:38 - "But if I do, though ye believe not Me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in Me, and I in Him."

Jesus preached "The Kingdom of God"...this is the gospel (the good news)...go to the parables in Matthew. The kingdom of God is liken too......

Mark 16:15 - And He said unto them, "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."

Acts 1:8 - "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and in Samaria and unto the uttermost part of the earth."

John 14:12-14 - "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on Me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father." 13 - "And whatsoever ye shall ask in My name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son." 14 - "If ye shall ask any thing in My name, I will do it."

John 16:13-14 - "Howbeit when He, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will shew you things to come. 14 - "He shall glorify Me: for He shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you."

This all takes me back to the "Kingdom of God"

Luke 12:31-32 - "But rather seek ye the Kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you." 32 - "Fear not, little flock; for it is you Father's good pleasure to give you the "Kingdom" (my emphasis)

Luke 12:34 - "Forwhere your treasure is, there will your heart be also."

Jesus is our Lord..He is King of Kings and Lord of Lord's..He is glorified in the Kingdom of God. Our treasure is there also..this is where our heart needs and longs to be. This is why we are told in the Word to "seek first the kingdom of God." The fullness of God is in His kingdom.

God's will is fulfilled in His Kingdom.

The Lord's prayer says, Matt. 6:10 "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven."

Mark 16:15 - And He said unto them, "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."

Acts 1:8 "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto Me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth."

Matthew 24:14 - "And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come."

Mark 1:15 - "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel."

"For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever." Amen....Matt.6:13



This is a side note...not sure why I'm writing this but here it is....

God gave me Mark 5:36 several years ago..."Be not afraid, only believe."

He started me out with this and not exactly knowing what to do with it...I would go through my house saying, "I believe, I believe, it's hard but I believe". I kinda stole these lines from the little girl in "Miracle on 34th Street". I think she may have said "silly" and she was believing in Santa Clause but at the time, it seemed right for me.

The great thing about God is He starts where we are!!



Connie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BELIEVING OR HOPING???

Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone) - Chris Tomlin (with lyrics)

NEW MERCIES EVERY MORNING......LAMENTATIONS 3:21-23