"OUTSIDE WISHING"

Do you ever feel like you are outside of God wishing you could get in?

My exercise consist of walking through my house for 30 minutes every morning...well this morning, as I was walking, I was noticing the gloomy, rainy weather outside. I do a lot of reflecting, praying, and listening as I walk. Trying to figure out some who, what, why, when, and where's :)

I got this picture of me being outside in the rain getting soaking wet, cold, and very frustrated. I thought if  I had an umbrella, at least I would be drier. And I wish, I had a coat..it's so cold out here. There's a tree, I'll go stand under it...well, this is no good, this tree doesn't even have leaves. I stand there looking at the house wishing I was inside. It's dry in there, it's warm in there, and safe. I would be protected from all this, if I was just in that house. I stand there and complain, become depressed, getting sick from the cold rain, wishing I was inside. Next, I become bitter because no one will come get me or bring me a coat or umbrella. When, I look through the windows, I can see the light and almost feel the warmth which makes me wish to be in there even more. Oh, if I only knew where the "keys" were, I could go inside.

Wake up Connie....you know where the "Keys" are......

God's Word tells me, if I try to save my life, I will lose it...Matt. 16:25..Mark 8:35..Luke 9:24

God's Word tells me, to ask, seek, knock...He will answer, I will find, it will be opened...Matt. 7:7-8..Luke 11:9-10

God's Word tells me, to come unto Him and He will give me rest...Matt. 11:28

God's Word tells me, I have been given the keys to the Kingdom...Matt. 16:19

So, why am I standing outside when I could be inside!!

Sometimes, Satan messes with my mind and sometimes I'm just relying on me instead of God and the Truth of His Word.

We are studying "Humility" in class at Church. I'm finding that humility isn't something, it is someone. Humility is Jesus. He is our humility. We can try to be humble but as with anything else trying is self-effort. We will never become humble by trying to be. We will only be humble as we are in Christ Jesus because in Him is true humility. This is where He is leading each of us that call Him, Lord. And this will only happen as we are emptied of our self.

Jesus emptied Himself of His Glory and became human so that I could be emptied of my humanness and be filled with His Glory.

Too many times, I wander around outside in the storms of life, wishing I weren't there, when if I would just get inside the Word....I would find life and "Life more abundantly"...John 10:10

Stop standing outside wishing.......go inside the "Secret place of the Most High; abide under the Shadow of the Almighty"  Psalm 91:1

Read the rest of this Psalm....it's amazing!!

God's Word leads us, protects us, grows us, corrects us, heals us, saves us, forgives us, gives us strength, gives us peace, gives us joy, gives us comfort, there is nothing lacking in God and in Him, His promises are yes and amen!! 2 Cor. 1:20

John 1:1 says.."In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

When we get in the Word, believe the Word and by faith receive the Word, the Word will live in us....1 Cor. 3:16 says.."Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?"

John 15:4 says.."Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me."

If you ever find your self standing outside wishing....remember....the "Keys" are in "His Word"


By the way, as far as the, who, what, why, when and where.......

Who......Me (you)
What.....The Gospel
Why......Because we were commissioned by Christ Himself
When....Today
Where...To the uttermost part of the earth


Connie

Comments

  1. I was reading what you wrote about being outside in the rain wishing you were inside where it was warm and safe and it made me think about how I am always talking about being and living in the kingdom of God and as I was thinking the Holy Spirit spoke to me, He said you are thinking wrong, you don't live in the kingdom. The kingdom lives in you. You are trying to get in the kingdom and the kingdom wants to come out in you, if you will believe and act on My word you will see the kingdom of God in your life. Luke 17:20-21

    this might have been just for me but I thought I would share it with you.

    I love you
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree, I spend a lot of time trying to get what I already have. I've decided, I don't like that word..."trying"...If I'm trying, my faith is me instead of believing God and acting on His Word.
      I hear these words every so often, "you can't give what you don't have"....but I have realized that this phrase is to keep me in the trying stage. Satan doesn't care how much I try, he actually does his best to keep me there.

      I love you too
      Connie

      Delete
    2. I know what you mean trying is not a faith word, the Lord never said try not to fear or try to be well He always says be. So we don't have to try all we have to do is be. Be whole, be not afraid, be of good cheer. That word be is a powerful word it implies that you are what it says. I just pictured fear trying to come in and our responce would be I'm not afraid ( not afraid is who you are! ) boy thats good ain,t it? well that just got me happy!

      Mike

      Delete
    3. Really good!! Fear and his buddies should be afraid of us. If they get near they no longer exist...fear turns into faith, sickness turns into well, confusion turns into confidence, lack turns into abundance......they are transformed as we are transformed...that's another "be", "be ye transformed"(Rom.12:2). Very exciting :)

      Connie

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BELIEVING OR HOPING???

Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone) - Chris Tomlin (with lyrics)

NEW MERCIES EVERY MORNING......LAMENTATIONS 3:21-23