"REFLECTION"

Rainbow in our daughters front yard
Add caption

In the process of looking up the definition of reflection, I found this:

Rainbow - A bow or arch of the colors of the prism that is formed in the sky opposite to the sun by the reflection, double refraction, and dispersion of the sun's rays in falling drops of rain.

This a beautiful picture I can wrap my senses around while revealing the unseen that I sometimes have a hard time getting a hold of.

If you have noticed, you only see rainbows when there is rain and sun. We know to look for the rainbow when this happens. Next time your life seems to be filled with rain, remember Jesus, the "Son" of God and expect your rainbow.

You cannot reflect what you don't possess. If you don't know Jesus as you Lord and Savior, ask Him to come into your heart. He will....He loves you very much!!!

John 3:16..."God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

Ephesians 1:13..."In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise."

Genesis 7:16..."And they that entered, male and female of all flesh, went in as God had commanded [Noah]; and the Lord shut him in and closed [the door] round about him.

This is "Noah's Ark"....the flood came...Noah and his family were saved because God sealed them inside the ark...God gave the rainbow as a promise, He would never again destroy the world with a flood.

Genesis 9:17 Amp...."And God said to Noah, This [rainbow] is the token or sign of the covenant or solemn pledge which I have established between Me and all flesh upon the earth."

Jesus said in John 16:33 Amp....."I have told you these things so that in Me, you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of it's power to harm you and have conquered it for you]"

God loves us...God forgives us...God saves us...God seals us
                 God promises us eternal life
                              All through Jesus, His only begotten Son

I am spirit, soul and body but sometimes I'm more body, soul and spirit. I tend to walk in body and soul, when I should be walking in the spirit. My born again spirit will never line up with body and soul. My soul is, my mind, my will and, my emotions. My body, the flesh wants to follow what it feels at the moment whether good or bad.  My spirit wants to follow the Word of God because it is the part of me that is born again, God's Holy Spirit lives there.

This is why it is so important to read, study and meditate on the Word of God. Without the renewing of my mind, by the washing of the Word, my soul (mind, will, and emotions) will follow the body (flesh).

3 John 1:2..."Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth"

This tells me that, I will prosper and be in health in the direction my soul prospers. If my mind isn't renewed by the Word of God, it will naturally prosper in what it hears, sees, and feels. Making me a carnal Christian, one that walks in the flesh instead of the Spirit.

Not sure why I just wrote that part about spirit, soul and body. Sometimes I'm not sure what I write even goes together but I know God will magnify what is from Him to anyone that may read this.

We are a reflection of the light in us...

Matt. 6:22-23...."The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light."
23) "But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness."

Guard your eyes because you will reflect what you focus on.

I'm finding that I can have many reflections....it is according to where my focus is.
If I'm in the flesh, my focus will be on what I see reflecting in people.
If I'm in the spirit, my focus will be on what I see reflecting in God and His Word.

If I look in the mirror, it reflects the outward me but I can see reflections of the inward me in many other ways. I am reflected in the people I am connected to and these reflections can seem just as real as the reflection in a mirror of my outward body.

The reflection I see of me in other people is not always good. I have known a few people that I definitely didn't like the reflection I saw in them. I'm sure you can say the same. Our identity isn't found in others, it is found in God. These reflections can sometimes harm us if we don't know who we are in Christ.

 Always, always look for your identity in the Word of God.

Read Psalm 139....
Verse 16 NL says..."You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed."

The Word reflects Jesus.....

Luke 4:17-21..."And there was handed to Him [the roll of] the book of the prophet Isaiah. He opened [unrolled] the book and found the place where it was written,
 18) the Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He has anointed Me [the Anointed One, the Messiah] to preach the good news [the Gospel] to the poor; He has sent me to announce release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to send forth as delivered those who are oppressed [who are downtrodden, bruised, crushed and broken down by calamity],
 19) To proclaim the accepted and the acceptable year of the Lord [the day when salvation and free favors profusely abound.
 20) Then He rolled up the book and gave it back to the attendant and sat back down; and the eyes of all in the synagogue were gazing [attentively] at Him.
 21) And He began to speak to them: Today this Scripture has been fulfilled while you are present and hearing.

Our identity is found in Him....

1 John 4:17..."Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgement: because as He is so are we in this world."

John 17:22..."And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one"



I want to share this with you:

 One night at church, I had been in a meeting, my husband was waiting for me in the lobby. As I walked toward him, the reflection of his love was so overwhelming, I knew it was reflecting from me right back to him. There was a man sitting there and I realized, he could see this, he was looking back and forth at us. I kept trying not to look at my husband but my eyes were drawn back to him.

Immediately, I knew, this is where God is leading me. Into the overwhelming reflection of His love. Overwhelming love that can't help but reflect to the point that others will see His reflection in me. So powerful that even if I try to look away, I'm drawn back to HIS amazing reflecting LOVE.

"LOVE" is seeking ALL of us

We are ALL seeking "LOVE"

1 John 4:8..."GOD IS LOVE"

1 John 4:19...."WE LOVE HIM BECAUSE HE FIRST LOVED US"


I love how "HE" loves me!!!

Connie


Comments

  1. Connie,

    I love the truth about us being body, soul, and spirit, and sometimes one part takes more precedence over the other - that is so true! It's why we often walk in the flesh and not in the Spirit. You have much truth in this post and it was refreshing to stop by this morning! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone) - Chris Tomlin (with lyrics)

BELIEVING OR HOPING???

NEW MERCIES EVERY MORNING......LAMENTATIONS 3:21-23