John 6:66

In my post on the 29th, I quoted what Oswald Chambers wrote in his book "My Utmost for His Highest". The scripture that he gave (John 6:66) kept jumping out at me. We all know what 666 stands for...(the Antichrist) Rev.13:18.."Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."

I thought it was interesting that the chapter and verse of John being 666 coincided with the meaning of the number. The verse says, "From that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more". They became anti-Christ.

In chapter 6 Jesus fed the multitude from a little boys lunch...five barley loaves, and two small fishes (John 6:9). This was something they could all see...so they believed and wanted to make Him king. (John 6:15) They again were seeking Jesus the next day...Jesus told them (John 6:26 & 27) " Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled"..27 "Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed."

Jesus fed them physical food that they could see and they received it willingly but when He began to tell them that "He was the bread of life" (John 6:51), many rejected Him. They could not believe something that made no sense to their mind. In verse 63 Jesus told them "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." verse 64 "But there are some of you that believe not." For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

John 4:24 "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth."
John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Romans 10:8-9 "But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;" 9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

I end with the titles of my brothers and my blog: let us be found this year--Seeking the Kingdom of God--Growing in Spirit and Truth and Reaching Out.

Love you
Connie

Comments

  1. thats pretty neat how those titles make a sentence and say exactly what we all need to be doing, you are very observent. I also noticed that scripture chapter and verse number but I did not look it up to see what it said that is interesting, its hard not to notice when you see 666, I wonder if there is another chapter 6 verse 66 in the bible I am going to look.

    loveyou
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mike. It's remarkable how the Holy Spirit is always ahead of what we see. Not one of us discussed what we thought the name of our blog should be, yet the Holy Spirit knew in advance what they would be called. That's what makes the spiritual life so exciting. We have this idea about what we think the Holy Spirit is leading us to do, so much so, that we follow Him. But when He moves it forward, we see so much more. It kindles that fire of who He is in our life.

    Thank you Jesus,
    Stan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BELIEVING OR HOPING???

Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone) - Chris Tomlin (with lyrics)

NEW MERCIES EVERY MORNING......LAMENTATIONS 3:21-23