PASSION

I was awakened...there's that word again...I am becoming very aware of this word.
Anyway, I was awakened early this morning to the words..."you don't have passion".
Sometimes God can be so blunt. He has been giving me hints for awhile but I guess He
decided it was time to just flat out tell me.

I remember passion, it was something I had when I was younger for my husband. I also remember the passion that was in me when I was baptised and filled with the Holy
Spirit. In both cases I just couldn't get enough but over time I have become more and I'm not sure this is the right word but because I don't want to use the word "lukewarm"...I am choosing the word passive.

Websters definition of passion: 1.any very strong feeling as of great joy, anger, etc.; especially, strong love between a man and woman. 2. great liking; enthusiasm 3. that for which one feels a strong desire or liking 4. Passion, the suffering of Jesus on the cross or after the Last Supper.

definition of passive: 1. not active, but acted upon 2. not resisting; yielding; submissive [the passive subjects of a tyrant]. 3. having the verb in the form (called voice) that shows its subject as being acted upon: opposite of active [In the sentence "I was hit by the ball," "was hit" is in the passive voice.]

Do you see what I see when you read these definitions?

The absence of passion opens the door to satan. Webster calls passive a voice...
This voice begins to tell us..you can't..you won't..you aren't and never will be. As it says we will be acted upon [the passive subjects of a tyrant].

Passion causes us to act..to do..to move. A moving target is much harder to hit!!

John 10:10 "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."

Seems everything falls into two categories...life or death.

God says, "choose life" (Deut. 30:19)


Do you ever wish God would just go zap..there you go..all done!! Then again, Jesus did say, "it is finished". Passion for His Word will lead us in the finished work of Christ, while being passive makes us want to be zapped and we will be, not by God but by satan.



stopping for now...talk to you later

Connie

Comments

  1. Funny you would write these comments. Just today, I was talking to Betty and we were talking about this very subject. I was using a different word, but I think it may mean the same thing, MUCK !!!

    I was talking about, how sometimes I feel like I am stuck in the muck. Here is the picture for me. It's like when I have gone fishing and got my lure stuck and had to wade out in the water to get it loose. The bottom is mud and every step that I took, I would sink down in the muck. It was very hard to get my foot loose. In fact, as hard as I worked to free my one foot, the other would sink deeper. It would take me for ever to get my self free. And when I was finished, I had all this muck all over me.

    I think it goes back to some of the things we have talked about before. We need to stay alert to what is coming out of our mouths. This rut we get into comes from us being lead by the wrong source. You remember that song Elvis sang,"I Did It My Way"? We can get caught up thinking that we are making our own minds up, but that is not true. We are accepting the leadership from one source or the other. Good or evil. Usually what goes into our minds comes out of our mouths. Notice our weather reports we hear each day. We have a 30% chance of rain. Why cant it be we have a 70% percent chance of sun? I told Betty that I was going to write our weather men and ask them could they start listening to the Lord instead of the devil. This passion you are talking about can only come from the victorious message that God has left us to live by. Listen to the words that come out of all those around you. Is it victory or defeat? God is positive not negative. It's uasually very easy to see who we are liastening to if we stop long enough to hear what we are saying.

    PRAISE,PRAISE,PRAISE.
    HALLELUJAH,
    your brother

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you can see, I spelled two words wrong in that last sentence,usually and listening. I guess my passion got away from me,sorry.

    Love you,
    Stan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you see things. God always gives you these amazing messages. It seems so easy to lose passion. and by the time we realize it, its been gone a long time and seems so hard to get back to. I guess we all have our words we like to use. You used passive, Stan used muck, mine is stagnant. I have totally been thinking about this topic myself. It is so time for me to take charge again and listen to God. I love that feeling and desire that comes with being passionate for God. i love it when i can't wipe the smile off of my face because all I can do is think of God's love and what He is doing in my life. of course, i know He continues to be there for me even when i become passive with him. He continues to bless me and show me who He is and that He is here for me. Thank you for bringing this topic up. It has awakened me. I love you so much.
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BELIEVING OR HOPING???

Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone) - Chris Tomlin (with lyrics)

NEW MERCIES EVERY MORNING......LAMENTATIONS 3:21-23