"BE NOT AFRAID, ONLY BELIEVE"

Good morning!!

The title to this post comes from Mark 5:36.

God is teaching me about fear and it's destruction. It blocks the faith of God in our lives. Fear gives Satan access to our lives. He knows if he can get us to act on fear, it will stop faith.

This morning, I heard from within...."you cannot use faith as a band aid to cover up fear and expect answers"

We are told...."do not fear".....this doesn't mean cover it up, pretend it isn't there, or try to have faith, thinking it will stop fear or even thinking its ok to fear.

NO! No! No! We must refuse it's right to any part of us.

We cannot walk in faith until we walk away from fear and we cannot walk away from fear until we choose to submit to God's Word and believe, no matter what.

If we don't choose to submit to God and His Word, we will be submitting to Satan by default. No decision is a decision.

By submitting to the Word of God, His Holy Spirit will lead us into "all truth"

1 John 4:18..."There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear; because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

John 14:21..."He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

We must be obedient to God's Word.

As usual, I am jumping around but it is all connected.

God is revealing His Word....

Satan is a liar and he uses the words of others to throw us into fear. We need to be very aware of the words we hear and speak. these words can come from doctors, the news, our thoughts...if we react in fear, we give Satan access to our lives.

Fear can cause us to make wrong decisions, it can cause us to lie and make us think it is for the best. Nothing good comes out of fear...fear will lead to destruction and torment.

I believe questions about faith can be answered if we understand what fear really is. Pay close attention to why you react the way you do, to the thoughts that show up in your mind. I am noticing that fear is at the root of so many of my actions and thoughts. Check yourself and see how many times a day you lie and think why you just did that. You may be surprised, I am.

A lie is a lie, there is no good excuse for it ever. We are deceived into thinking it doesn't matter about the little ones. We have to stay away from anything that would give Satan place in our lives.



Deut. 30:19...."I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live"

John 10:27...."My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me"

Listen closely....He's calling your name!!!!


Thank you, Jesus

Connie

Comments

  1. I have read this several times and thought on what you have said here but tonight while I was reading it, the words perfect love jump out at me, I thought what is perfect love? The Holy Spirit said the Fathers Holy Word (Jesus) is perfect love and it is the Word (Jesus) that cast out all fear. He must have known my next question because he answered it before I could ask it. 1 John 4:16-17 and we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love: and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. 17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgement; because as He is,so are we in this world. This is how we are made perfect in love.
    Since we dwell in God (perfect love) and God(perfect love) dwells in us we can cast out all fear , because as He is so are we (IN THIS WORLD)
    There won't be any need to cast out fear when we are with Him in Glory!
    Fear is the seed that produces doubt and unbelief.
    Gods Holy Word (Jesus), perfect love, is the seed that produces faith and believing which casteth out all fear! let His Word be on our lips and in our hearts continually Praise be to God. This has been a wow moment for me.Thank-you Jesus I love you!
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike,

    What you said is so good.

    Understanding that fear is the root of defeat has helped me. It isn't the wrong things I do or think or say...it's the fear. Fear is what you said the seed that grows the fruit of the flesh. And this can only lead to doubt and unbelief. If we dwell here it will be watered by Satan and grow into torment.

    1 John 4:16-17 says it all. You know Jesus said in John 8:19 and in John 14:7-12 - "If you have known Me you should have known My Father."

    Where it says in verse 16.."he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. Here in is our love made perfect."

    In Hebrews 8:6 it says, "for he that cometh to God must believe that He is"

    Jesus wants us to become one as He and the Father are one and the only way to do that is to dwell in Him (perfect love)

    We actually won't have to cast out fear, it will have to bow in the face of "Perfect Love"
    Because as "HE IS" so are we in this world. Thank you Jesus!

    If we dwell here, the seed will be watered by God and grow into "perfect love" as He is.

    We must keep check on where we are dwelling because we will grow where we dwell.

    Definitely a WOW moment, Mike!

    Thank you for writing this.


    love
    Connie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BELIEVING OR HOPING???

Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone) - Chris Tomlin (with lyrics)

NEW MERCIES EVERY MORNING......LAMENTATIONS 3:21-23