Life


Just wanted to say something..kinda feels like we have all gone dormant.

I love this picture so I decided to post it on my blog. My daughter said it had a majestically peaceful look. When snow is falling there is a quietness that seems to overtake everything. We only got 4.5 inches but for us that is alot. The kids had a ball..for some it was the first real snow they had ever seen. Our malls shut down..businesses closed..schools were out(of course)..even our church shut down for the first time ever. But I heard people talking about how there were families out everywhere with their children playing in the snow. Snow can sometimes be inconvenient but this time it was like it slowed everything down so families could come together and just enjoy each other.

Facebook was loaded with pictures and videos of moms and dads and their children sledding, making snow angels, writing their name in the snow, eating snow cream, building snowmen, turning flips off their sleds, just picture after picture. In the videos you could hear them screaming and laughing..an explosion of fun everywhere.

It was a beautiful, peaceful, fun filled gift from God. I have a picture of a rainbow on my blog page, titled one of God's gifts..and it is. Rainbows..snow..and right around the corner, we have spring. Spring is a special gift from God, everything becomes brand new, the trees all have brand new leaves..the flowers all start popping up with brand new blossoms..the dead brown grass has a brand new green color and one of my personal favorites..brand new tomato plants at Home Depot. :)

These special gifts are gifts of hope letting us know.."God is with us and will never leave us or forsake us." He is speaking to us through His creation..the world seems to be falling apart all around us but God is saying, I'm here..open your eyes and your ears. The quietness of snow..the rain hitting the window..the wind blowing through the trees..the birds singing..fluffy white clouds..beautiful sunsets. He is everywhere..He just isn't screaming at us like the world is.

Thank you Jesus for life...amen

Connie

Comments

  1. Connie,
    That picture is really great. Just looking at it causes me to relax. The snow usually brings out the kid in us all. I would have loved to been there to see it.

    Love you,
    Stan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true. This precious gift of snow that God gave was something that so easily took all of us back to being children. I heard about a few organized snowball fights that were put together on the internet for everyone to participate. iSn't it funny how when we are too busy acting like children that we forget about the differences we have with other people and stop judging and just have fun. It was wonderful how the snow reminded me of a simpler time when i was a child. Then I remembered I still am I am God's child. Thank you Jesus.

    What an amazing blessing. I love your picture it is beautiful and peaceful everything seems still.

    Love you all
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BELIEVING OR HOPING???

Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone) - Chris Tomlin (with lyrics)

NEW MERCIES EVERY MORNING......LAMENTATIONS 3:21-23