PSALM 139 - New Living Translation -

1 O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me.
2 You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I'm far away.

3 You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do.
4 You know what I'm going to say even before I say it, Lord.
5 You go before and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to understand!

7 I can never escape from your Spirit! I can never get away from your presence!
8 If I go up to heaven, you are there; if I go down to the grave, you are there.
9 If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the fartherest oceans,
10 even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me.
11 I could ask the darkness to hide me and the light around me to become night--
12 but even in darkness I cannot hide from you. To you the night shines as bright as day. Darkness and light are the same to you.

13 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mothers womb.

14 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous- how well I know it.

15 You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was being woven together in the dark of the womb.

16 You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.

17 How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered!
18 I can't even count them; they out number the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!

19 O God, if only you would destroy the wicked! Get out of my life, you murders!
20 They blaspheme you; your enemies misuse your name.
21 O Lord, shouldn't I hate those who hate you? Shouldn't I despise those who oppose you?

22 Yes, I hate them with total hatred, for your enemies are my enemies.

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.

Love this Psalm!! Also love Psalm 91

I am sooo comforted knowing that God knows every detail of my life and is with me throughout the entirety of it. He is there when I lay down at night to sleep and He is there when I wake up in the morning and every moment inbetween. I'm thankful for Jesus and the grace He has provided through faith for all the wrong turns He knew I would take. I like knowing He has so many precious thoughts about me that they can't be counted. I love how He loves me. :) :)


When I first read this Psalm, I wondered why David included 19-22. I would almost try not to read that part. I couldn't bring myself to ask God to destroy people but this morning as I was reading it; my thoughts went to...

(Ephesians 6:12) For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

(John 10:10) The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Satan is the murderer..the blasphemer..the opposer..and most certainly hates God!


Thank you Jesus for destroying the enemy!!!

Connie

Comments

  1. Connie-
    I thought I had checked to see if you had written on your blog the last few days and didn't see anything and then today I get on there and it shows you wrote this article a few days ago. Go figure. I didn't see it until today.

    This was great. To hear how our Father keeps watch over us continually is wonderful. Knowing we can trust Him with our life and all those around us. I exspecially loved the last part of what you wrote. It was perfectly said. The enemy is Satan, not people. God has created all people. They are special in His eyes as they should be in ours. He loves them as should we. If we not careful we will find ourselves developing attitudes towards the wrong subject. Our hearts should always look at the good in mankind, not the bad. The bad comes from a different source. If God will allow us to look at man the way He does, then we will love them and care for them. We will want to see the break through that God wants for them. Our desire will be to see the victory that God has provided them.

    Thanks for sending out this message and lets pray for God to allow it to fall on the ears that need it. And praise His name for all the victories He will accomplish with it. This is the things I was talking about in my last blog. Lets stand up and be heard. Lets sound out the victory.

    I love you with all my heart,
    Stan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BELIEVING OR HOPING???

Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone) - Chris Tomlin (with lyrics)

NEW MERCIES EVERY MORNING......LAMENTATIONS 3:21-23