THE PROMISE

I was reading someone's blog this morning and she used the phrase "Jesus with skin on". She was referring to us as hope to others.

This took me to John 14:12 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father."

which took me to Mat.21:21 & 22 "Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done." (22) "And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive."

which took me to Mark 16:17 "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18)"They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

which took me to Luke 10:19 "Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you."

Then I was taken to Acts 1:8 "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth."

Then I was taken to Romans 4:20-21 "He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; 21)"And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform."

This is speaking of Abraham..it also said right above these in (18) "who against hope believed in hope." & (19) "and being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead"

This is where my time with God took me this morning and it all started with one little phrase that was written in someone's blog. Immediately I heard "greater things than these shall you do" - I looked it up and the rest followed.

When Jesus was on earth in His flesh body, it was just one body..when He went to sit at the right hand of the Father, He sent His Holy Spirit to live in us. He is now by His Spirit in flesh all over the earth-multiple flesh-One Spirit.

talk to ya later
Connie

Comments

  1. Connie - thank you for being obedient to the Spirit to write these verses. They come off me just writing my latest post on releasing to allow God to work in us. The verses here confirm the goodness He brings when we do that. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Brenda for writing..I enjoy reading your blog. Reading what you wrote led me to a more personal view of hope.
    When Jesus was on the earth He gave people hope but when He went to sit at the right hand of the Father, He placed that hope in us to give. We sometimes are searching for hope when what we should be doing is releasing the hope that has been placed in us.

    Connie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BELIEVING OR HOPING???

Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone) - Chris Tomlin (with lyrics)

NEW MERCIES EVERY MORNING......LAMENTATIONS 3:21-23