UNFORGIVENESS

About a week ago, unforgiveness became a word I couldn't get rid of. So I held on to it because I figured it was there for a reason.

In one of my past post, I used the scripture in Matthew 21:21-22 which is also in Mark 11:23-24 - "For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith." 24 - "Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them."

Ok, back to unforgiveness; with this word came a scripture to mind. I always just remember a part of a scripture and hardly ever know where it is, so I have to look it up. Anyway the part I remembered was: "when you stand praying forgive"...I found it in Mark 11:25, right under the above scriptures. Verse 25 - "And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have aught against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses."
I looked up the word "aught", Websters - anything whatever; any little part.

I also heard another scripture; "what can be shaken will be shaken". I didn't think much about that until a message was give at church a couple nights later. These same words were in that message. Ok..it's in Heb. 12:27 "And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain." 28 - "Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace(let us hold fast), whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear; 29 - "For our God is a consuming fire."

I didn't think I had any unforgiveness in me but if there is any little thing in us that we hold against someone, that is unforgiveness. (Be aware, it could be buried pretty deep.) This unforgiveness can even be directed to our self. We may have to forgive every time we talk to someone or they may have to forgive us; works both ways. Being human we tend to say things that can be held against us. Anyway, names starting popping into my head...so I began to forgive everything I associated with that name even my own. We may have to do this everyday or every few minutes of everyday but we must do it. There is freedom in forgiveness.

I know I jump around and this may just be for me but I am going to write everything I hear just in case someone else might need to hear it too. I believe God wanted me to know there was more to the verses in Mat. 21:21-22 so the Holy Spirit (Who leads us into all Truth) took me to Mark 11:23-25.

The shaking is part of the cleansing process..we are being purified.
Is. 29:16 - "Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding?"

Do you ever feel like you are being turned upside down? I remember once when my oldest daughter was 2 or 3, she swallowed a lifesaver. We were in a department store..I was patting her on the back but my mama picked her up, turned her upside down, shook her and the thing that was choking her popped out of her mouth and hit the floor. She could have choked to death if mama had not done that. This is what our loving Father is doing to us...He's keeping us from choking to death on things that have no place in us.

Thank you for loving us soooo much Father, Jesus, and Holy Spirit!!!!!!

Connie

Comments

  1. Connie-
    This is another great blog the Holy Spirit has used you for. Unforgiveness is where it's all at. When I look back at who I am and all that I have done, it bewilders me how God can love me. I think that's where we make our first mistake. The devil continues to direct us to look at ourself. Again, he knows if he can keep us looking at ourself instead of our Father, we will miss out on His wonderful gift to us, PERFECT LOVE!!!

    God's not waiting for us to change so He can love us, He is wanting us to see how much He loves us so He can change us. God's not waiting for us to validate who we are with Him, He is wanting us to validate who He is in us. God's love is greater than who we are. We know that we don't go to hell because of who or how we are, but because we can't come to grips with how much He truly loves us. We reject His love, His gift of love, JESUS!!!

    When we labor with forgiving ourself, it's because we are putting ourself ahead of God. It becomes about who I am instead of who He is. And because of that, there is always a void in who we are. We can never become good enough to receive what God gives us freely. That's what makes God, God. I am convinced, that is what God wants us to see. He wants us to see how perfect His love is. When it becomes all about Him, there is no void, because there is no void in God. Because of what God has done in my life, it makes it so much easier to not look on others with a judgemental eye. If God can forgive me, how on earth could I ever judge someone else? Our true desire should be for that person to come to know the purity of God's love for them. We want them to forget who they are and see who God is. All that God wants for any of us to do is to accept Him. He takes care of the rest willingly.

    Keep spreading the message. It's a simple one. All any of us have to do is reach out, God will hold on. Keep telling everybody how much God loves them.

    You are a great sister to have,
    Stan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great, memorable illustration of your daughter getting turned upside down! Only the Lord could/would redeem a scary situation like that for His purposes! :) Thank you for sharing! I love how the Spirit leads and guides you!!
    Many blessings!
    Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I,too, love this picture of the lifesaver...and also the Holy Spirit. God does pursue us enough if we listen. Thank you for this illustration!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BELIEVING OR HOPING???

Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone) - Chris Tomlin (with lyrics)

NEW MERCIES EVERY MORNING......LAMENTATIONS 3:21-23