NEW MERCIES EVERY MORNING......LAMENTATIONS 3:21-23

Lam. 3:21-23 "This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope."

22 - "It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassion's fail not."
23 - "They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.


If you read my post yesterday, I guess you could hear where I was. I want to impress on everyone that reads these blogs to write down what is in you whether it is in a blog that the whole world can read or just on a piece of paper that no one will see but you and God. We tend to bury what is in us because it may seem too negative to express. I will continue to write my heart and it may not always be pretty but it will be laid out there for the Holy Spirit to do with as He wills. I am writing with expectancy more and more each time. Thank you, Jesus

Yesterday, that was everything in me in print. Today..this very morning, I was sitting as I usually do drinking my coffee. Not even realizing I was thinking. A clear picture of why I was in that certain place came to me.

It was Hebrews 4:12 "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

It was my soul crying out being caught between my body and my spirit. Our soul is being drawn in two different directions and at some point it has to make a choice. Will I follow the flesh or will I follow the spirit.

Satan would love for us to think, we are a fence straddler, which is what I was thinking. I now see it was the Holy Spirit which is connected to my spirit leading me into a new truth.

If we can see our soul for what it is, we will be able to separate flesh and spirit.
Our body isn't saved, our spirit is and our soul has to choose which one it is going to follow. My flesh will always make a decision on how it feels but my spirit, because it is connected to the Spirit of God will follow the leading of the Holy Spirit. My soul has to recognize the difference.

We must, must, must read the Word of God and have it in us. If we don't the Holy Spirit won't be able to bring it to our remembrance.

Romans 12:2 says, "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

Eph. 5:26 says, "That He might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the Word.

We the child of God..the redeemed body of Christ..the temple of God are being cleansed, transformed and sanctified out of this world into the Kingdom of God.

John 16:13-14 says, "Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come."
verse 14 says, "He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you."

Oh, how I love Jesus and trust Him more each day!!

Connie


PS: I would suggest you read the book..."The Spiritual Man" by Watchman Nee
I have just started reading it again, I've had the book several years but it is just now being revealed to me. Any book you read, keep your bible by your side. You will only understand by the Spirit through the Word of God.

My brother, Stan brought this book back to my attention. Thanks, Stan...love you!!

Comments

  1. A picture of a human being who has been saved consists of body (flesh), soul and spirit. When we receive Jesus as our Saviour, the Holy Spirit comes to dwell inside of us in our spirit. HE LIVES IN US!!! Our decision making is being lead from two powers constantly. The evil and the good. We know who is in control of each one. Our flesh will always follow the evil side.Even if it does good, it will be lead from the evil side. The reason being, is because that good came from lifting my SELF up. We know there is no spiritual good in our self (flesh). Spirit and flesh cannot mix, it is impossible. It's like trying to mix oil in water, it won't mix. You are extremely correct when you said, our body was not saved but our spirit. Our biggest problem as christians, is we spend the majority of our time trying to clean up something that can never be clean. What gives us our sanctification is Jesus, period!!! We can never become clean enough, or worthy enough in our self to be accepted by God. Yet for many of us we still waste time attempting. Our victory has already been accomplished in Jesus. But as long as Satan can lead us into thinking it's about myself, we miss out on what is already there. That doesn't mean we don't have it, it just means we are missing it. We cannot destroy what Jesus has done for us because it was in His power that it was done. Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world. That verse might take on a different meaning understanding who accomplished what. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever beliveth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. It's all found and accomplished by JESUS. As we see this truth, we truly can see how much our Father loves us. He counts on us for nothing, but provided it all. It started with a gift, follows through with the gift, and ends with the gift.

    The Spiritual Man book is one great book. It reveals truth like none I have ever read besides the Bible itself. I continue till this day to read it over and over. Each time it reveals more and more. It literally takes all the pressure off myself and lets me rest in the GIFT, JESUS.

    continue to share your heart, the Spirit is talking,
    Stan

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Adam and Eve ate from the tree of life, it opened the door to good and evil in their soul(mind). They now knew their flesh which brought confusion and fear in their soul. Their soul was fully connected to their spirit side before they ate, because they were naked and didn't even know it.

    Jesus had to come in the flesh to overcome the flesh. He is the overcomer...He redeemed us from the works of the flesh and has given us rest from the unrest in our soul by the Blood of the Lamb of God and the power of His Spirit.

    We do as Psalm 46:10 says, amp. "Let be and be still, and know (recognize and understand) that I am God."

    God has given this verse to Mike..Mike sent it to me and I was reading someone else's blog and she had the same verse in her post.

    I believe the Holy Spirit has given it to us to give us rest and peace.

    In one version is says "desist"...websters meaning...to stop doing something, cease.

    I think, maybe He wants us to leave things alone, stop trying to fix everything.

    We just need to be renewing our minds with His Word and be still and know, HE'S GOD...we aren't.

    Resting in Him today

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie,

    You have been such an encouragement to me, and your words about blogs being either just us and God or for others to see was what I needed to hear today - as I have been challenged by the Lord to be transparent, and then worry in the process of what others may think! What a contradiction! Thank you so much for being honest, encouraging, and real.....it was what I needed today. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to edit my comment above to my post...

    Adam and Eve did not eat from the tree of life, they ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

    Sorry for the mistake

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BELIEVING OR HOPING???

Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone) - Chris Tomlin (with lyrics)